All guests are required to complete a, Waiver of Liability, upon entry at the Gatehouse. Additionally, guests are required to register at the Concierge Desk located in the South Pavilion in order to receive proper track credentials. Only those guests with the proper hard card and wristband will be allowed on track.
Parents/guardians are responsible for the conduct and safety of minors. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian at all times within the Clubhouse and on the property. No one under the age of 18 is permitted in restricted areas, which includes, but is not limited to, any hot pit area or in the immediate area of the road course without consent of the Track Manager. No persons under the age of 16 may ride as passengers in vehicles on track.
For both the safety of your pet and all drivers, pets are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the property.
Track Rules & Regulations
• Activities on and around the immediate area of the track are under the control and supervision of the Track Manager, Chief Instructor or a designee.
• MMC members and guests must obey all posted speed limits. 25 mph on all surface and access roads. 15 mph in pit lanes. Loss of driving session is possible for failure to comply if previously warned.
• No MMC member or guest shall operate any MMC off-road vehicle (golf-cart, atv. etc.) without prior authorization, nor shall they operate or utilize any tool or machine in the Service Center.
• Members are expected to conduct themselves on the track with their safety and the safety of others in mind.
• While on track, drivers are to operate his/her vehicle with safety and restraint. Over aggressive and unsafe driving will not be tolerated, and could result in loss of driving time if deemed necessary by Track Manager or Chief Instructor.
• For the purposes of safety and scheduling efficiency, members will be divided into run groups. See Section titled, “Run Group Designations,” for further details. Placement in these groups, as well as movement among them, will be made at the sole discretion of the Track Manager or Chief Instructor, whose decision will be based on the members’ vehicle speed potential, as well as driving experience. Designations will be reviewed as the driver progresses in understanding of the line and technical skill.
• Typically, passing will take place on designated straights through a point-by procedure. Any changes in this procedure will be done as circumstances warrant and at the discretion of the Chief Instructor.
• Members are expected to learn the meaning of corner worker flags and to strictly adhere to their signals. All drivers must adhere to the commands of Track Control and Flagging Staff. Any disagreements or issue, on or off track, must be reported to specific department head, and/or proper authority.
• Members are expected to keep their cars in track-ready condition. It is highly recommended that the cars be thoroughly inspected by a qualified entity. A member may contact Member Services to arrange for an on-site inspection through the MMC Service Center.
• Those driving convertibles are asked to contact the Track Manager or Chief Instructor in advance to discuss appropriate safety standards and requirements before taking to the track.
NO CONVERTIBLES ARE ALLOWED ON TRACK UNLESS OTHERWISE EQUIPPED WITH AFTERMARKET ROLLOVER PROTECTION.
• Members receiving in-car instruction must use a vehicle that has a passenger seat and safety belts equivalent to those of the driver.
If driver’s vehicle causes damage to facility that warrants repair, it is the responsibility of the driver to incur the cost of repair. After assessment and estimate of costs, a bill will be sent and posted on members account within 30 days of incident.
We have included this list of track etiquette as a guideline to help keep the track safe and make for an enjoyable experience for all.
1. Follow the directions of the flagger in control at the end of pit lane for clearance to proceed on the track.
2. Do not cross the solid blend line leaving either pit lane.
3. Check your mirrors before blending onto the track.
4. Give right of way to the car on the track.
5. Never go in the wrong direction, counter race direction, for any reason.
6. Only use reverse on track if you are up against a wall. Don’t reverse on track.
7. If you have a mechanical problem pull off line and in view of a flagger station.
8. Please acknowledge flaggers and follow their directions.
9. Stay on line when being passed.
10. Use point by’s. Point to the side you WANT the individual to pass on.
11. Keep an eye on your mirrors.
Helmets will be worn on the track at all times unless otherwise noted by the Track Manager or Chief Instructor.. In addition to helmets, long pants are required. Driving suits are strongly recommended, although not required. Closed toe shoes and socks must be worn when driving on the track and in and around pit area. Please limit items such as handbags and loose items in pockets. For your added comfort, we highly recommend hearing protection, sunblock, hat and sunglasses.
Members and their guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol onto the Monticello Motor Club property. Alcohol will only be served in the Club Bar area and Members Lounge only to those over the age of 21. Please refrain from any alcohol consumption until you have finished your track activities for the day. No one who has consumed an alcoholic beverage will be allowed to drive the track for the remainder of the day-NO EXCEPTIONS. Members/Participants will not be allowed on track under the influence of substance or alcohol. If any doubt arises, MMC has the right to question participant and determine whether he/she is allowed on track. The use of any illegal substance on MMC property is strictly prohibited.